Friday, September 5, 2014

{Why I Love Goal Setting and Why You Should Too}

Goal setting is something I've only started recently, but it has helped so much. For me, its all a mental thing (I cannot keep a long term goal). If you are like me, then a weekly goal is the way to go. To start, a list:

5 Reasons Why You Should Set Goals
1.Gives you something to work towards
2.Increases your personal ambition
3.Increases your productivity and efficiency
4.You feel proud when you finish
5.You'll get to the end so you can feel proud

Okay, so my last reason there wasn't so great, but goals give you something to work towards and you sometimes end up way beyond where you thought you would. I find that setting a yearly goal never works for me. Maybe it works for you, but I don't know anyone who actually keeps their resolution for an entire year. Because I set weekly goals, it gives me a certain time limit that isn't so far down the road. It helps me to work quicker and more efficiently. Also with short term goals, you can list a whole bunch of little things (that all add up) and at the end of the day, feel more accomplished for checking all the tasks off your list. With the feeling of accomplishment comes the feeling of confidence to get more things done. I always feel super pumped whenever I get a whole bunch of tasks finished and I know I can finish many more.

A little off topic, but in school, recording your scores in each class can help you feel more organized in your ambition. It can help you reach the grades you want to.

I do hope that this has helped you. Even if you're not super keen on goal setting, try to set a goal for a day. Make a whole list of every single little thing you have to do. When you finish the list it feels like you can take on the world! So ya, set goals and feel accomplished, that is my saying of the day. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment