1. Start by rinsing the artichokes and then cutting off all the pointy end with kitchen shears.
2. Chop off just the very top leaves with a knife and then remove the stem, leaving a 1" stump.
3. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place in a steam basket in a pot of boiling water for about 20-35 minutes or until it's easy to pull off a petal.
5. Remove with tongs and serve warm with aioli or brush with butter.
These are so good and have such great color:
|I even infused the butter with some basil and it was perfect!|
|These pictures look so much better since I started using my dad's olympus instead of my FujiFilm|
|The "choke" of the artichoke is gorgeous!|
This is a great recipe to use this weekend and they are so good! There's also a way to roast them if you look that up and I'm sure that gives them great flavor. Happy Friday!