Friday, September 26, 2014

{For The Love of Artichokes!}

Recently my family ate artichokes for the first time and they turned out AMAZING! They were so good and would be perfect as an appetizer (or we just ate them for dinner). Not only are they delicious, they are also so beautiful and I got a couple really good shots of them. But first, here's the easy recipe! It will be the easiest guest impressing food you will ever make!

Steamed Artichokes:

1. Start by rinsing the artichokes and then cutting off all the pointy end with kitchen shears.

2. Chop off just the very top leaves with a knife and then remove the stem, leaving a 1" stump.

3. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

4. Place in a steam basket in a pot of boiling water for about 20-35 minutes or until it's easy to pull off a petal.

5. Remove with tongs and serve warm with aioli or brush with butter.

These are so good and have such great color:


I even infused the butter with some basil and it was perfect!

These pictures look so much better since I started using my dad's olympus instead of my FujiFilm

The "choke" of the artichoke is gorgeous!





This is a great recipe to use this weekend and they are so good! There's also a way to roast them if you look that up and I'm sure that gives them great flavor. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment