Wednesday, September 24, 2014

{My New Found Love: the Tee Shirt Dress}

So recently I have fallen in love with large tee shirts that you wear as a dress… This new tee shirt dress trend going on right now is so amazing. There are literally so many ways to style it and its so comfortable and versatile.




My favorite way to wear it is with a pair of old Converse/Vans/Keds. It gives such a simple laid back look and I wear that to school, on the weekends, to dance, really anywhere that I could wear jeans. I also like to top it off with a flannel or denim button down. If you do want to dress that up a little, just add a cute necklace and its perfect. Another way, since fall is here, is to wear it with a cute jacket or sweater, some knee high socks, and boots.

The best thing, though, is that you can also dress it up. I like wearing it to church sometimes with some oxfords, a nice sweater, and a pretty leather bag. You can also wear some nice flats and a sweater.

I am clearly very excited about this trend and I hope to see it going around more. The dresses can get pretty pricey in stores but it is so easy to make one yourself. I just took some of my dad's old tee shirts (because I'm super short) and added some extra fabric to the bottom so it wasn't too short. The greatest part about making your own is that you can make it out of any fabric and re-use some old closet basics.

I hope you guys liked this first fashion based post! If I get enough trafficking after this post I might start doing more fashion things. Of course, I will still be doing a Monday Quote every week. So I hope you guys have a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment